Jeep is celebrating 75 years of 4x4 leadership, military history and outdoor adventure in 2016 and to mark its diamond anniversary, Jeep New Zealand has launched special edition commemorative versions of its top models, the Wrangler, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.
Jeep is celebrating 75 years of 4×4 leadership, military history and outdoor adventure in 2016 and to mark its diamond anniversary, Jeep New Zealand has launched special edition commemorative versions of its top models, the Wrangler, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.
“Jeep invented and defined the authentic SUV as well as setting the benchmark for off-road capability and freedom since the first Jeeps rolled off the production line in 1941,” says David Smitherman, Chief Executive Officer of Fiat Chrysler New Zealand. “Today Jeeps continue to deliver 4×4 leadership, as well as fuel efficiency, world-class craftsmanship and premium on-road dynamics.”
“In honour of the brand’s 75th anniversary, Jeep has created eye-catching, special-edition models of the Wrangler, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee that celebrate the unequalled legendary history of Jeep,” Smitherman added.
New Zealanders have been driving Jeeps right from the birth of the first Willys Jeep MB, the iconic Jeep that was born in World War 2, with New Zealand armed forces receiving their first Jeeps in 1941, just months after production started. In 2016, 75 years later, New Zealanders are buying Jeeps in unprecedented numbers with the range matching Kiwi owners SUV needs, whether it is the agile, compact Renegade as happy on Auckland’s busy roads as it is romping across open fields; the iconic Jeep Wrangler using its unrivalled off-road ability to go everywhere in New Zealand or the luxurious Jeep Grand Cherokee swallowing with ease the distances across the country, regardless of road or weather conditions.
As befits the Jeeps built specially to celebrate Jeep’s 75th Anniversary in the ‘land of the long white cloud’, all New Zealand special-edition models are in Bright White with Low Gloss Bronze wheels, Bronze and Orange exterior accents, unique interiors, including exclusive seats with embossed 75th Anniversary logo or one-of-a-kind Ombre Mesh fabric, open-air freedom and a 75th Anniversary exterior badge. Each model is available in Jeep dealer showrooms now.
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary edition
Based on the four door version of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 3.6 litre 209 kW Pentastar V6 engine, the 75th Anniversary edition has a recommended retail price of $69,990 plus on road costs.
- 17-inch wheels, Jeep badge and front and rear bumpers, all in Low Gloss Bronze
- Body-color grille with Low Gloss Bronze grille throats and headlamp rings
- Power dome hood with functional air vents
- Leather-trimmed heated seats with accent sport mesh inserts and accent stitching
- 75th Anniversary grab handle
- Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires
- Unique off-road rock rails
- Jeep Command-Trac 4×4 transfer case with 2.72:1 ratio
- Dana 30 front axle and heavy-duty Dana 44 rear axle
- 21 axle ratio
- 5-inch touchscreen radio with Uconnect handsfree phone and SiriusXM Radio
Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition
Based on the Cherokee Longitude with the 3.2 litre 200 kW V6 engine, Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition has a recommended retail price of $54,990 plus on-road costs and its features include:
- New 18-inch wheel, badges and trim accents in Low Gloss Bronze
- New seat insert cloth with Tangerine accent stitching
- 4-inch touchscreen radio
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition
The Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition is based on the Grand Cherokee Limited and is available with a choice of two engines, the 3.6 litre 210 kW Pentastar V6 at a recommended retail price of $84,990 plus on-road costs and the 3.0 litre 184 kW Turbo Diesel engine at a recommended retail price of $91,990 plus on-road costs. Both versions feature:
- An all-new, unique front fascia, grille and headlamps
- Exclusive 20-inch wheels, tow hooks, grille rings, fog lamp bezels, lower fascia applique, roof rail and badges, all in Low Gloss Bronze
- New seat cloth insert or leather trimmed heated seats with embossed 75th Anniversary logo and Tangerine accent stitching
- Gloss Black painted body accents and an 8.4-inch Uconnect NAV-ready radio