The WRX 2.4T is available as the iconic sedan or all-new GT wagon and features a 2.4L Turbocharged Boxer engine delivering 270 horsepower via the Variable Torque Distribution and control of Subaru’s All-Wheel Drive.
- All-new, fifth-generation WRX gains a bigger, more powerful and responsive 2.4-litre, direct-injection, turbocharged Boxer engine
- Subaru Performance Transmission elevates driveability
- Built on the new Subaru Global Platform featuring full inner-frame construction to enhance strength and driving dynamics
- WRX GT wagon joins WRX 2.4T sedan in an expanded WRX family
- Wider model range, including the new tS variant, to further increase WRX’s appeal
More power, greater handling precision and bold new exterior styling mark the arrival of Subaru’s long-awaited fifth-generation WRX, the latest iteration of the iconic rally-bred machine.
Becoming an overnight sensation in 1994, Subaru’s performance car has been a firm favourite over the following years and has now been reimagined for 2022. Increasing its appeal, WRX has been refined and is now available in a broader model range.
The fifth-generation Subaru WRX has two body styles – WRX 2.4T sedan and WRX GT wagon – with two model variants for each: WRX 2.4T Premium sedan and WRX 2.4T tS and WRX GT Premium wagon and WRX GT tS wagon.
2022 WRX 2.4T Premium Manual, WRX 2.4T Premium Subaru Performance Transmission (Auto) and WRX GT Premium Wagon Subaru Performance Transmission (Auto) Recommended Retail Price (RRP) is $59,990. WRX 2.4T tS (sedan) and WRX GT tS (wagon) RRP is $64,990. RRPs include GST, and exclude on-road costs and accessories. EyeSight technology available in automatic transmission only. RRP excludes the NZ Government Clean Car Programme (CCP) fee. The CCP is a Government-mandated fee that applies to certain vehicle models, and is subject to change at any time. The indicative fee as indicated by the NZTA government website advises that the fee for the new generation WRX2.4T will be $1,610 for the Subaru Performance Transmission Auto (Sedan and GT Wagon) and $3,738 for the 6 Speed manual transmission WRX 2.4T sedan. The final fee will be advised prior to the vehicle delivery, and the rate at that time will apply to the purchase.