Subaru’s already popular Forester range receives a mid-life makeover for the 2022 model, further enticing Kiwi buyers, and it is due to arrive on New Zealand shores in late September.
The award-winning SUV’s front end has been refreshed with revised headlights, fog lights, front bumper, and grille treatment.
Added features to the Subaru EyeSight® clever crash avoidance technology, enhanced suspension, and off-road technology for even great driver confidence, all combine with a long list of cosmetic refinements to grow Forester’s audience further.
Added to Forester’s suite of EyeSight® features are:
- Lane Centring Function
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Autonomous Emergency Steering
Retuned front suspension coil springs and dampers improve ride comfort, steering responsiveness and handling, while the new aluminium engine mount bracket reduces vibrations and noise.
For more challenging All-Wheel Drive terrain, X-Mode is also revised, with the ability to automatically re-engage once the vehicle speed drops to 35 km/h or less, while revised Hill Descent Control improves vehicle control speed.
Forester variants equipped with the Driver Monitoring System also gain gesture-controlled temperature adjustment for the air-conditioning, a new feature for Subaru that enables drivers to adjust the temperature via a simple hand motion. This will be the first Subaru model to debut this new technology.
2022 SUBARU FORESTER – THE DETAILS
- For improved driver vision in all variants, other than the entry model Forester, Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) is updated to an array head lamp system.
- An 8-inch touchscreen is now standard across the range – upgrading the Forester, and Forester e-Boxer Hybrid models, which previously had 6.5-inch screens.
- Elsewhere in the cabin, an updated instrument panel design is introduced in Forester X Sport and Forester Premium.
- In Forester X Sport, gunmetal and orange interior highlights are added throughout the cabin. Geometric black door mirrors are also exclusive to this variant.
- Forester Premium gets platinum-coloured door armrest underside inserts.
- Outside, Forester Premium and Forester Premium e-Boxer Hybrid feature new alloy wheel designs.
- Forester X Sport is distinguished by a circular fog light design featuring six LED lights. This variant joins the Forester Premium and the e-Boxer Hybrid and Forester Premium e-Boxer Hybrid in receiving updated rear bumper lower cladding.
- Forester Premium and both the Hybrid variants also have a revised silver roof rail finish.
- New colours are Autumn Green, Brilliant Bronze and Cascade Green, which are available on all variants other than Forester X Sport
|SUBARU FORESTER 2022 RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE*|
|Forester X Sport||AWD||$47,990|
|Forester e-Boxer Hybrid||AWD||$47,990|
|Forester Premium e-Boxer Hybrid||AWD||$54,990|
*Recommended Retail Pricing (RRP) includes GST. On road costs and accessories are not included.
**Overseas model shown in all accompanying images.